Friday, August 12, 2011

{Welcome to Our Family}


Greyson Blake Jensen

Greyson web-blog-fb-34

Born August 5th, 2011

8:32 am

Weighing 6lbs 10oz & 20.5in

Greyson web-blog-fb-1Greyson web-blog-fb-3Greyson web-blog-fb-6Greyson web-blog-fb-22Greyson web-blog-fb-14

We feel so blessed to have this sweet baby boy join our family! We could not be more in love with this child. He fits right in and made this transition in our family a very smooth and enjoyable one. I had many fears about having more children, having enough love for each of them, patience to take care of them and deal with each of their needs. Each one of my fears went away the second he was born. There is an instant love and connection that you have with this little person that it is impossible not to love them as much as the last!

Greyson web-blog-fb-17

Sweet Brothers

Greyson web-blog-fb-37Greyson web-blog-fb-28 Greyson web-blog-fb-48 Greyson web-blog-fb-58Greyson web-blog-fb-60Greyson web-blog-fb-25

My Pregnancy in whole: was an easy one, much like my first. I carried much lower the second time than I did with Bronson which had it’s own discomforts. I felt as though my pregnancy lasted forever until the day he was born and I looked back and thought “That’s it?? It’s over??” I pray that with our next baby I will have a say in that I DO NOT want to be pregnant in another Arizona summer!! Let’s hope our plan works!! A few things that I want to remember about being pregnant with Greyson are his hiccups. He had them ALL the time. {He does out of my tummy too!} I felt as though I could feel every part of his body moving around. Every time I felt worried about him not moving I was able to poke my belly and he would move right away to assure me that he was ok!! I could always feel his back arch on the right side of my tummy and his feet would sweep across my belly on the left side at the same time. He will still have his back arched at times if you hold him a certain way. I think it was his way of stretching out when he ran out of room.

The Birth Story: is one for the records… a smooth, easy and enjoyable one to say the least! To start out I was sure that he was going to come early but was trying really hard not to get my hopes up {of course, that did not work} I was having a ton of pressure and felt him dropping. So at my 35 week appointment, I was technically 34wk 6days. I asked him to check me {which was a week earlier than he had planned on} He did and I was already dilated to a 1.5 and 50% effaced {huge improvement from my first pregnancy.} The following week I was so eager to be done with this pregnancy that I was willing to do whatever it took. I asked to have my membranes stripped and he told me no because it was a week earlier than he was allowed to do it but he promised he would do it the following week.That week I measured at a 2 and 60%. My 37 week appointment came and I didn’t even have to hold him to his promise, he remembered and asked all on his own, I was more than willing!! That week I was measuring at a bigger 2 and 70%. Having good progress but a little discouraged at the fact that I was still a 2!! That night I had contractions all night. I made sure I went to the grocery store and got everything situated just incase I went into labor!! Finally half way through the night they went away and I was able to sleep but not without being sad that they went away!! Another week and appointment came. This time I was 38 weeks and 6 days. I was stripped again and scheduled to be induced the following morning at 9am. I feared calling the following morning and being told that they didn’t have room for me. I left my 4:30 appointment and started having contractions on the car ride home. Again, I prepared and made sure everything was in order. Bags were fully packed at this point because either way I was having a baby some time that weekend. The contractions never stopped. They were about 3 to 5 minutes apart for several hours but they didn’t feel intense enough to have my parents come and get Bronson. They started to space out some being 13 minutes apart, really random. I went to bed with contractions, walked around the house keeping them going until I felt I could go back to bed around 2am. I woke up at 3am with the most intense contraction and they kept coming. I was pretty sure this was it but with it being 3am I had to be sure before I pulled my parents out of bed to come over. They continued for 30 minutes while laying in bed. I walked around for another 15 before waking up Nick and calling my mom. By the time they made it to my house at 4:30 I was on all fours breathing through these insane contractions. We arrived at the hospital at 5am. I was measuring at a 5, I was checked in and had my epidural by 6:30 {the longest and most painful hour and a half of my life!} I was feeling great after that kicked in. I was checked at that point by my Dr. and was already at a 7.5 and 100%. He said to me “Looks like we are going to have this baby well before you were scheduled to be induced!” Nick and I looked at each other in shock with the progress I was making. This was nothing compared to the 12 hours I spent in L & D with Bronson, 4 of which I was actually pushing! About an hour or so later I was checked again, now at a 9.5. My nurse came back about 20 minutes later and I was at a 10. We did one trial push and he was crowning. She called the Dr. who showed up quickly and had me push through 2 contractions and he was here!! Right on my chest getting cleaned off. He was a healthy little boy passing all of his test with flying colors. We could not have had a better overall experience!! We were home the next day and have been enjoying every bit of it since!!

Newborn Pictures taken by my SIL Beth. View her site here!


karadie said...

I love it the pics are beautiful and you all look so great what an amazing story. We can't wait to meet him!! We love you guys!

Krysta said...

Congratulaions!!! He is a gorgeous baby. I want to hug and kiss all over him. It is killing me that I am not there. I am so glad that you had such a good delivery experience. It changes everything! Enjoy him to pieces.

Kateka said...

Congratulations! He looks sooo cute and sweet. Thanks for your sharing your story! I love reading birth stories. I am weird. :) I am glad that your labor went swimmingly.

Andrea said...

COngrats. He is beautiful. I am so happy for you. I can see a little Curtis in him. Reminds me of a few of Krysta's babies.
I am glad your delivery was smooth.

Curtis Family said...

He is sooo cute! What a relief that your labor and delivery went so well! The pictures are adorable! Congratulations!!!

Marisa and Rob said...

He is so cute! Love all the pictures, Beth did a great job!! :D I'm so glad that everything went well for you!!