I have to admit I am a bit of an avid TV watcher... addicted to my Spring/Fall shows and I get really sad to see them go off the air for the summer! However, I have seen a new light to summertime. Not only do I have my son that I get to play with all day everyday but I have so many goals that I wish to accomplish in my time of being a "Stay at Home Mom" and now I have no excuse but to get my butt in gear and work on them!!
Here is a list of a few things I plan to accomplish:
- Food Storage- The Church has taught for years that it is very important to have a year supply of food. I know, I know I hear this all of the time and always say "I am going to start but it will have to wait till we make more money or get a bigger house or until we move because we don't want to move all of that stuff" Well the excuses are enough and I really don't think there is EVER a good time to start. You will always have something holding you back. So I plan to accomplish this and learn more about how to build my food storage and keep a continuous rotation going. I know that regardless of what we may feel is holding us back we will be blessed for our efforts.
I have joined the website Deals to Meals which will provide me with organizing sheets to keep track of everything that I have and what I am running low on. I will get instructions on how to start my food storage and how to get the entire year in less then a year. It will also provide me with all of the items on sale for each week at your local grocery stores and meals to go along with the items you find on sale. It will give me new and fun recipes to try out and everything is quick, easy & made from scratch using items on your shelf!! I am so excited to start!!
- Debt Free Budgeting- We are starting the Dave Ramsey Debt Free Program. I am excited for this new challenge . We will be able to pay off any debt we may have and learn to live on a student budget. With Nick going back to school and myself staying at home we need to do our best to learn again how to live on a "Student Budget" again. We will be able to learn how to budget by paying for EVERYTHING with cash! I have heard amazing things about this program and I can't wait to see how it helps us!!
- Family Home Evening/Scripture Study- It again has been said in the Church how important it is to have Family Home Evening on a weekly basis as well as Scripture Study as a family on a daily basis. I always have good intentions when I start these two things but somehow other things come up and both of these items get put on the back burner and we end up not doing them anymore. Not anymore!!! I am going to make it a priority and I feel that if Nick and I can start it now and make it a habit we should have no problem to continue this as Bronson and future children get older!
- Reading- Every summer when I get sad that my shows are no longer on I remember how much I LOVE to read. I love to read fun books, church books, Ensign etc. I now have no excuse but to spend more time reading! Hopefully this will give me some better insight to the more important things in life rather than living in my fantasy world of "Greys Anatomy" or all of the other 50 shows I love!!
and last but not least....
- Sewing/Baking/Crafts- I have said this before and I will say it again... I want to use some of my time being at home to hone my skills in the kitchen, to learn to sew and be more crafty. I think that being able to learn these things can not only help around my own house by possibly saving money in certain areas but be useful for others if necessary.
I am excited for all of my Summer Goals. I feel like now I will be able to have a new focus in life and recenter my life around those things that are really important in life! Wish me luck!!