Monday, October 5, 2009

{My Check List}

I MADE IT, I AM FINALLY HOME...

I have been home since last Wednesday and I am loving every minute of it!! I have been running around like a crazy woman trying to make sure everything is ready to go and nothing is left undone! Now that I have accomplished almost everything on my list it is leaving me with much needed time for school, school, school i.e. Medical Transcription! (And no I don't consider the fact that I should be doing school right now instead of blogging... Procrastination! (But it sort of is!)

Here is my list of things to do, it always makes me feel good to see things checked off my list!

I have...

~Had all of my showers! (and THANK YOU so much to everyone that has helped out with your generosity, we really appreciate it!) CHECK

~Done all the rest of our shopping. CHECK

~Put together a temporary nursery (it looks pretty cute... but you probably would never think a little boy is coming home to it! That might have something to do with the pink strips on the wall. It's only temporary though, I'm not that mean of a mommy!) It will work for now but I can't wait to get his little sports room put together! CHECK

~Organized and washed all of his laundry. CHECK

~Put the diaper bag together. CHECK

And I still have to...

~Put together a hospital bag.

~Find newborn socks (any suggestions, I have had no luck!)

~Find a white beanie (again, any suggestions?)

~Make a baby quilt.

~Take my hospital tour.

~AND wait patiently for him to arrive!

8 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

now it is just time for baby! I am so excited and can't believe the time is already here! I can't wait to meet my new nephew!

Debbie said...

Lindsey
You can find good socks that stay on at Target. It is fun keeping up with you on your blog! Happy Early Birthday! and Happy Delivery!
Debbie Isakson

Kelly and Charmaine said...

Wow, I can't believe your ticker is down to 28 DAYS! I hope these final days arn't too brutal, but it's always worth the wait!

Krysta said...

Good job! It feels good to get things marked off. I haven't had any luck with a newborn hat either. Maybe I will check the mall today while I'm there...I decided I'm going to walk today.

Kateka said...

Hey email me your address and I'll make you a white beanie (not kidding, I make all my friends little newborn beanies when they have their tots). It would be my pleasure, I swear.

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see what your little munchie looks like. It is so much work to get everything together. GOOD LUCK!!

Stef said...

The quilt looks so so cute, you did a great job!! About the newborn socks, I recommend the Faded Glory brand at Wal-Mart, they've worked great for both my kids :). And the beanie, I would have suggested looking at Old Navy, but it looks like someone offered to make you one, so that's good :). Can't wait to meet little Bronson, I can't believe how close you are now!! :)

Terrys Rock! said...

Hey Lindsey, it's Sara Terry. I look on your blog often and really enjoy it. You are so cute and I am so excited for you and Nick to bring your sweet baby into this world. It's such a precious time. About the socks, my favorite newborn socks are from Old Navy. I like GAP too, but I like Old Navy the best. The newborn socks actually fit their tiny feet or will very soon. They STAY ON (which is no east feat) and are super soft and cushy. I always loved white, but bought to match outfits too. When our little Dude (Joseph Christian Terry II) we had three outfits with matching blankets and socks. They were all soft, great material to swaddle and perfect for that newborn stage. Anyway, this is forever long, I will go. Good luck with everything! This is a great time in your life! Love, Sara