Tuesday, June 16, 2009

{FIVE YEARS &....}

FOREVER TO GO...


5 years ago today Nick & I began our life journey together! We meet one cold November night in the FABULOUS Logan, UT where I was attending Utah State University. He and I shared some mutual friends, my college friends & his mission friends... at this point we had no interest in one another and did not think anything of each other until we began to hang out more often. It was yet again another COLD night but this time it was in Salt Lake on NEW YEARS EVE. My friends and I thought it would be great to ring in the new year at his house where him and his mission friends bunked... little did they know we were there because they were in California. Surprise, Surprise... they did know we were there and they surprised us just before the dawn of NEW YEAR 2004! Nick, my friend Jenn & I stayed up to watch the sunrise the next morning, sharing laughs, funny stories and much more. It was then that I thought "this kid is pretty funny. He has a great sense of humor..." January 17th was our first date in Logan. We had a blast but I.... did NOT want a serious relationship! Little did I know that his leaving for California the next day for a week would make me rethink this decision... I will just say we were inseparable ever since....



and here we are just a short while after our fond discovery of one another...


JUNE 17TH, 2004

... a day I will always cherish...

Nick,



I love you so much. Thank you for all that you do for me and our expanding family. You are amazing and I could not ask for a better husband or someone that would suit me better then you. I enjoy all of our joking, laughs & love we share with one another. The hard times are what make me appreciate you even more. You are such a blessing to me and I thank you everyday for going through this journey with me.



Love always,


7 comments:

Scott and Shay said...

Happy Anniversary...cute love story!

Tonya said...

Congrats on five years together!!

breena rae said...

yes, it was the best day on this earth! The weather was gorgeous that day and we even had the lucky rain. I'm glad that we share the same day at the same place! Congrats...and how are you feeling with your baby boy?

Krysta said...

Happy anniversary. I completely forgot! I hope you guys had a great day!

Andrea said...

Congrats.

Malinda said...

What beautiful wedding pictures! Congrats you two...

Kateka said...

Hey if you go private again, I am changing my blogging email address, so will you send an invite to...

Katiki84@hotmail.com

So that I can continue to read your blog? Thanks a ton! I love reading about what your up to.